windows: NTLDR not found

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Sep 8 09:08:40 EDT 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Alan Porter wrote:

>> "NTLDR not found" (or whatever)
>
> Are the two Thinkpads both configured with the disks in the
> same position on the same controller?  In other words, is one
> of them booting /dev/hda and the other one booting /dev/hdc?

I didn't know you had any choice here. There's only one
harddisk cable and only one slot on the laptop(s) to push
the disk into. I have the 2.5" disks with the default pins
for master/slave (ie no jumpers).

I assume they're both /dev/hda as that's what's in the
/etc/fstab of the linux disk I used for a test and all the
partitions are mounted correctly.

Thanks Joe