computer-to-computer communication over USB

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sat Sep 10 17:01:28 EDT 2005

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005, Stephen P. Schaefer wrote:

> Of course, the far better virus protection would be to use
> a well designed operating system with well designed access
> policies, but they benightedly think they're preparing
> their students for the "real world" by having them use
> that obscene filth spewed by the felon monopolist.

come on Stephen, spit it out, don't hold back on us. What do
you really think?

Unfortunately they are preparing the students for the real
world, where administrators and bean counters set policies
for computers, when they don't know which end of the
computer to put the oil in. We have something to learn from
the medical world - the administrators there don't tell the
surgeons that the only approved procedures guarantee
infection.

> 	- Stephen
>
> Oh, you wanted me to tell you what I really think?

The school has changed the e-mail addresses of the teacher
over the summer (and disabled the old ones). Security by
obscurity - presumably to handle spam.

Joe