[NCSA-discuss] DNS Questions

zman zman at shell.neverwhere.org
Tue Feb 21 10:49:23 EST 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Derek Featherston wrote:
> Questions:
> How do I go about making such a transition?  Do I need to contact AIT, or
> can my ISP/provider simply seize the zone?  I'd prefer to deal as little
> with AIT as possible.  Will it be necessary for us to re-register our domain
> name through a different registrar?  I've never dealt with any of these
> aspects of DNS before, and I've never personally registered or re-registered
> a domain, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.  And a step-by-step
> suggested procedure would be wonderful.

You should be able to put in a transfer for the DNS with them (since they
are also you registrar). I would also make sure they update it as to the
technical contact etc... Shouldn't be a hassle..

Scott H. Zekanis
zman at kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1960 International B100
1923 Buick Roadster (Dual Quad 425" Nailhead)
1990 Ducati 750 Sport