[NCSA-discuss] [Fwd: USENIX News: LISA '06, Approaching CFP Deadlines

Liyun Yu yu at radonc.unc.edu
Sat Nov 18 11:19:10 EST 2006

1. LISA '06 Online Registration Deadline Approaching: Nov. 22

LISA is being held in Washington, D.C., December 3-8. Join us for a
6-day program:

* 6 days of training. Select from over 50 tutorials taught by highly
expert instructors, including:
-- Richard Bejtlich on TCP/IP Weapons
-- Mike Ciavarella on Advanced Shell Programing
-- David N. Blank-Edelman on Over the Edge System Administration
-- and more . . .

The full training program can be found at:

http://www.usenix.org/lisa06/training/

* 3 days of technical sessions, including top-notch refereed papers,
informative invited talks, and expert Guru Is In sessions:

http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa06/tech/

* Our invited talks feature our most impressive slate of speakers to
date. They include:

-- Keynote: Cory Doctorow, co-editor of Boing Boing and former Director
of European Affairs for the EFF, on "Hollywood's Secret War on Your NOC"

-- Mark "Simple Nomad" Loveless, Vernier Networks, Inc., on "Corporate
Security: A Hacker Perspective"

--Mazda Marvasti, Integrien, on "Everything You Know About Monitoring is
Wrong"

-- and more . . .

* A vendor exhibition:

http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa06/exhibition.html

* Full-day workshops:

http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa06/workshops.html

* and more . . .

There's still time. Register online by November 22, 2006, or on-site
beginning Saturday, December 2.

Check out the full program and register at:

http://www.usenix.org/lisa06/mn