[NCSA-discuss] [Fwd: LOPSA INVITES YOU TO ARIZONA FOR THE PHOENIX SYSADMIN DAYS TRAINING WORKSHOP (Liyun Yu)]

Liyun Yu yu at radonc.unc.edu
Fri Oct 6 17:18:22 EDT 2006

FYI.
--LIYUN YU
--------------------

The League of Professional System Administrators (LOPSA) invites you the
Phoenix SysAdmin Days training workshop, November 6 - 7, 2006 at the
Crowne Plaza Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona.  The program includes two days
of training classes featuring a mix of practical professional and
technical training for all system administrators.

ABOUT THE PROGRAM

Sponsored in part by the Arizona Technology Council and the Phoenix
LOPSA chapter, this two-day training workshop is designed to give you
practical tools and face-to-face advice from other professionals in the
field.  Classes presented by leaders in the industry will address both
specific platforms and technologies and general system administration
practices. Topics include Mac OS X Administration, PHP, Perl 6, drafting
IT policy documents, communications skills, time management for system
administrators, disaster recovery, and advanced security.

REGISTER TODAY AND SAVE

LOPSA is pleased to offer discounted registration rates to attendees
registering before October 15.

Early Bird Registration (Before 10/15/06)

   LOPSA Members    $474
   Non-members       $499

Regular Registration (After 10/15/06 and On-site)

   LOPSA Members    $524
   Non-members      $549

Registration includes two days of classes, class materials, lunch,
morning and afternoon breaks, Monday evening reception, Monday evening
invited talks and break-out sessions.  To register, log on to
https://lopsa.org/SysAdminDays-Phoenix.

HOUSING DETAILS

For our out of town guests, LOPSA has secured a limited number of rooms
at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix (North) at a discounted rate of $109/night.
To make our reservation, please contact the hotel directly by calling
1-877-2-CROWNE (877-227-6963).  Be sure to mention "League of
Professional System Administrators" when making your reservation to
ensure you receive the discounted rate.

For more information on LOPSA or Phoenix SysAdmin Days, visit
https://lopsa.org/SysAdminDays-Phoenix, or contact the executive office:
Phone: 856-439-0500 or toll free at 800-285-2141; Fax: 856-439-0525;
E-mail: info at lopsa.org.

HELP SPREAD THE WORD

LOPSA needs your help to make this event a success!  Help spread the
word by posting the following information to your LUGS, PC, Mac and
other user groups, mailing lists, and anywhere else for all sysadmins to see!

  LOPSA invites you to the Phoenix SysAdmin Days training workshop,
  November 6 - 7, 2006 at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona.
  The program includes two days of training classes featuring a mix of
  practical professional and technical training for all system
  administrators.  Complete program details and registration information
  can be found at https://lopsa.org/SysAdminDays-Phoenix. You won't want to
  miss it!

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: Will SysAdminDays be presented in other locations?
A: Yes! Phoenix SysAdminDays is our first training event, but we will
   hold additional training events in other locations in the future. If
   your local group or LOPSA chapter is interested in hosting
   SysAdminDays in your area, please contact us (board at lopsa.org)

Q: Is Phoenix SysAdminDays competing with the LISA conference?
A: No. Phoenix SysAdminDays is a two-day practical training program for
   junior and intermediate System Administrators (although more senior
   sysadmins may find the program worthwhile as well). There are no
   refereed papers.

Q: Should I recommend Phoenix SysAdminDays to my staff and colleagues
   who have not been to professional events before?
A: Yes! The classes are designed to be challenging, but aimed at junior
   and mid-level system administrators with a wide variety of
   backgrounds and experience. The focus is on practical skills and
   approaches to important topics.