[NCSA-discuss] windows cleanup following gratuitous download

Liyun Yu yu at radonc.unc.edu
Fri Oct 27 11:50:29 EDT 2006

If NC*SA could host some event like this for our kids,
I foresee that it going to both benefits the kids and their
family, as well as NC*SA and our local community.

There are many ways to deliver the idea.
To explore/motivate IT workers from the schools
and host a RTP wide event both helps reach the
goal.

I had a chat with Len at the TriInfoSecon conference
yesterday. I wish that we at NC*SA could host some
educational sessions such as short course, to help
those who can not afford going to the official training.
That will help our local SysAdmin and the IT worker
at elementary/middle schools.

To have a RTP wide event will need some sponsors.
We will have to organize a team to do so. However, I think
that to deliver the Information Security Idea directly to
the kids would be a great challenge to the IT professionals
as well as the NC*SA members. Why not try it.
A Bootcamp or One-Day Saturday event at the "StateFair ground"
might attract a lot of interesting parties and maybe caught the
attention from some nation wide speakers to come.
Again I think it is never too early to teach the kids on these
information security concepts and the correct ways to
get on the Internet. There are just so much we could do.

If NC*SA could organize a team like this, I would volunteer
my time and knowledge to support it.

Thanks,

Liyun Yu