[NCSA-discuss] windows/explore/samba - why so slow?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Sep 6 09:16:16 EDT 2006

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Steven Champeon wrote:

> Do you see it from both Explorer and "My Network Places"? Or just the
> latter?

I have only used Explorer - you can get to other machines
from there and I'd assumed it was the same as going via
Network Places.

I am using an older (3.0.3) Samba (one of the fixes you
point me to is in 3.0.12 - it took me long enough to get
Samba working that I don't want to upgrade unless I really
have to).

I'll have a look when I get home tonight to see what might
be going on

Thanks Joe