[NCSA-discuss] cautionary tail about installing a network printer on windows

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sat Sep 9 20:04:15 EDT 2006

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> Postings on the internet say to download the latest firmware for the
> jetdirect card to fix these problems (it's well known that jet direct cards
> have a hard time remembering their hostname).

I found the firmware upgrade. It was on a webpage on making
your network printer secure. I actually found this webpage
24hrs ago, but since I don't need to make my printer secure
(it's behind a firewall and I already have set rules for
inside and outside networks) I turned the page.

With the firmware upgrade, my printer now remembers its
name. I'm impressed

Joe