[NCSA-discuss] SANS Software Security Series for Developers in Charlotte and Raleigh (fwd)

Dan Singer des at cs.duke.edu
Tue Feb 27 15:32:01 EST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The SANS Institute <sans at sans.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:52:08 +0000
Subject: SANS Software Security Series for Developers in Charlotte and Raleigh

SANS is pleased to announce the SANS Software Security Series 2007
(http://www.sans.org/info/4001), which kicks off with two events in
North Carolina this March! We'll be in:

 - Charlotte, NC - March 6-7
   http://www.sans.org/info/4006

 - Raleigh, NC - March 8-9
   http://www.sans.org/info/4011

This special two-day event is packed with opportunities for developers
to learn how best to implement security measures during the software
development lifecycle. Join us for the ultimate in security training
designed specifically for developers and system administrators:

   SECURITY 519: WEB APPLICATION SECURITY WORKSHOP
   DAY 1 - 1:00PM-7:00PM
   DAY 2 - 9:30AM-7:00PM
   On the first afternoon and the second day we will be featuring our
   very popular SANS Security 519: Web Application Security Workshop for
   the deeply discounted tuition fee of $995!  This advanced, hands-on,
   action packed course covers the principles of securing Web
   applications and the common vulnerabilities that are leveraged by
   attackers as well as general defense techniques to protect against
   future attacks. By helping you to understand the attacks and
   mechanics of components that affect security of Web applications,
   this course enables you to properly defend your Web applications. For
   each of the common vulnerabilities, manual and automatic testing
   methodologies are covered to ensure you can reveal vulnerabilities
   in existing Web applications.

   LIVE WEB APPLICATION HACKING WORKSHOP
   DAY 1 - 9:30AM-12:00PM
   In the morning, SPI Dynamics will host a free Live Web Application
   Hacking Workshop. This informative workshop is where we will discuss
   best practices for implementing security early in the software
   application lifecycle. Workshop participants will learn specific
   techniques that can be used to uncover and resolve security defects
   before hackers do.

At noon join us for a complimentary lunch with SPI Dynamics as they host
an open discussion on Web application security trends followed by a
short demonstration of WebInspect!

  "No matter your organization's size, budget, or regulatory
  environment, SANS courses are the best security dollars you can
  spend." John Madick, ScriptPro

Don't forget to mark your calendar for March 6-7 in Charlotte and March
8-9 in Raleigh.  We also have additional locations listed at the close
of this note, and we will be adding new cities in the next few weeks.
(http://www.sans.org/info/4001)

Hackers continue to target application vulnerabilities in their attacks,
so this security training should not be missed!  You will be able to
apply what you learn in the classroom immediately upon returning to
work.  So register today and we'll see you in class!

Best regards,
Stephen Northcutt
SANS Software Security Series
http://www.sans.org/softwaresecurity07/

**************************

Charlotte, NC
March 6-7

Raleigh, NC
March 8-9

Toronto, Ontario
March 22-23

Dallas, TX
April 9-10

Houston, TX
April 12-13

Seattle, WA
April 25-26

Kansas City, MO
May 22-23

mailing list, visit the site above, click on "update your account" and
check the box "Do not send any email."