[NCSA-discuss] Network Monitoring preferences

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Sat Jun 16 20:51:21 EDT 2007

Chris,

Thanks for your response. What I was really asking about was the method
in which you would deploy your network monitoring solution, not which
one you use. I've been trying to avoid a shameless plug for the product
that the company I work for makes. :) Anyways we've put out a VMware
image of it with a limited license(it used to be a trail license - now
it's a limited node version with a 10 year license) It was born out of
the original OpenNMS code, but it really has surpassed it. One of the
reason's I wanted to know how you would deploy it, was I was trying to
gage interest in ISO that installs OS/Network Monitoring app on your own
box versus a VMware image. Or whether a XEN image or other virtual image
would be preferred.

Anyways thanks for your time.

Matt P.

<shameless_plug> http://www.commandcenter-noc.com </shameless_plug>