[NCSA-discuss] A database recovery question on Zope/Plone

DeannC dcorum at crystle.com
Thu Mar 15 14:54:10 EDT 2007

Liyun,

You can easily subscribe to the list here:

Also, you might want to peruse:

http://plone.org/documentation/faq/upgrade-plone/

>From what I understand, if you're upgrading, you will need to create a new
instance of Zope ie:

"Upgrading Zope almost always means creating a new Zope instance rather
than writing over an old instance. Create a new instance and products,
extensions, and database mounts over."

This is from the archives of the triangle-zpug mailing list. I'm just now
learning this stuff myself so I'm no expert, either - but I'm pretty sure
just copying over stuff won't work. I'd be interested to know what you
ultimately ended up doing.

Deann