[NCSA-discuss] Network Monitoring preferences

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Sun May 27 23:57:13 EDT 2007

<plug shameless="yes">
I work for a company in Cary that markets data center automation software,
so the company line would be - use our product :)
</plug>

Depending on what I need to deploy, though, I generally rely on Kickstart or
similar routines.

WMM

On 5/25/07, Matt Pusateri <mpusateri at wickedtrails.com> wrote:

> Hello fellow sysadmins,
>
> I'm curious to know if you were to deploy a network monitoring solution
> similar to Nagios or OpenNMS, what would be your preferred method of
> deployment?  Also what type of environment are you in Windows shop,
> Linux/FOSS shop, mixed?
>
> A. A VMware image, or state your preferred virtual software program.
>
> B. An ISO image that you could burn and then could have an automated
> install that not only put the network software on, but installed a
> preconfigured OS as well.
>
> C. A hardware appliance, that could be purchased.
>

> I realize this is all rather vague, just wanting to get some feed back
> on how people would rather deploy software solutions.
>

> Matt P.

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2