[NCSA-discuss] SANS in Raleigh-Durham Mid-June - Essentials, Forensics courses

Jeff The Riffer riffer at vaxer.net
Sat Apr 12 17:26:34 EDT 2008

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, A. Michael Salim wrote:
> Out of curiosity, are there any career benefits to taking this course i.e.
> how well recognized and acclaimed is this course in the computer forensics
> community if someone wanted a job in this field ?

SANS is a very well-known training and eduction organization in the field of
information security. They do a lot of independent security research as
well. In terms of jobs, I know most employers look for actual degrees and
certifications over "I've taken some classes", but SANS offers their own
certifications as well as training in other certs.

I took a local SANS couse for preparing for my CISSP exam and it was very
helpful. The boot camp is much more thorough and elaborate, from what I've
read and heard from others.

You could very easily do worse than taking a SANS course.