[NCSA-discuss] editors in windows, Mac

A. Michael Salim msalim at localweb.com
Sun Feb 3 20:34:18 EST 2008

I use pine and I like pico in pine but personally I would not recommend
pico for programming.  The biggest issue with pico is that it always (by
default) thinks you are composing an email, and inserts line breaks even
as you are typing a programming, and other times.  That works great for
keeping emails looking nice and justified left and right.  But if you are
programming in Perl or python, arbitrary line breaks will kill you.  Any
editor that inserts "stuff" other than exactly what you typed, is
unsuitable for programming imho.

best regards

Mike