[NCSA-discuss] RAID recommendations?

Leo Guzynski leo at ivc.com
Fri Dec 17 16:29:21 EST 2010

Not sure what HW you're putting it in.  But these (3ware 9690 line)
have been notably better than lsi, and adaptec for me.  I've not
benchmarked but the (cough) feel better/faster.  The mgmt tools are not
horrendous like the old lsi.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816116068

It did require a later kernel about a year ago.  I don't remember the
specifics (maybe like >2.6.24).  You can ask me directly if you decide
to go with this one.

I also hear good thinks about the areca line...