[NCSA-discuss] Presenter Topics?

Dewey Hylton dewey at hyltown.com
Wed Jun 29 23:43:31 EDT 2011

I've made the trek from Winston for several in the last year or so (all those mentioned below), and have been glad to have not missed them. most of my time is spent in shops heavy in oracle/VMware/San/etc. - so these have been great.

But I still have small customers with maybe one or two small servers supporting a single niche app that drives their business, and most of them seem to need technology that's a little bigger than they can afford. So I usually end up commissioning a unix box as a virtual host for several services, and a single windows app server that provides terminal services of some sort in order to push the app to their 10-20 thin clients. With that many desktops and no onsite it staff, I have found it next to impossible to keep their workstations safe and clean - so I opt for the *nix/BSD desktops and thin clients whenever possible.

Anything helping me out in the small customer arena would be a welcomed topic from my perspective.