[Trilug-announce] interim election: TriLUG Steering Committee

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:10:27 EST 2008

== Executive Summary ==

Interim election: TriLUG Steering Committee. A member of the TriLUG
Steering Committee has stepped down. This leaves a vacancy that we
need to fill well before the next regularly-scheduled election (May),
so we're holding the election during the March meeting.

 * nominations via email to me, trilug at trilug.org, or the steering web form
 * nominations open now
 * nominations close one week prior to March TriLUG meeting
 * MUST BE PRESENT to vote at March meeting

== Details ==

Hi folks. I'm the SC Vice Chair and I'm writing because we need you to
step up and join ths SC. We had a member of the SC step down, and more
than money or hardware, TriLUG needs *people* to keep being great, so
throw your name in the hat to join the leadership. Steering positions
are elected at-large, so you'll be joining a team that will be shaped
by your input. Whether your interest is in publicity, systems,
fundraising, or something else, we could use your hellp.

How can you do nominate yourself or someone else? Three ways:

  * email a member of the SC, including me or Matt Frye
  * send an email to the main TriLUG discussion list
  * contact the SC via the web form on the TriLUG site,
http://trilug.org/contact

Nominations are open as of right now and will stay open until one week
before the election, which will take place at the March TriLUG meeting
on the 13th at 19:00 EST. We are closing nominations a week prior for
several reasons:

  * we want real commitments from people, so running should not be a a
spur-of-the-moment decision
  * we want to print out ballots
  * we want you to have time to consider the whole field

To vote in the election you need to be a TriLUG member. There are a
handful of members who have still not received membership cards. Yes,
you folks can vote. You MUST be present at the March meeting to vote.

If you have questions or comments, please direct them to me, the
contact form, or Matt. I respectfully request that you not clutter the
trilug discussion list with questions about the election.

Thanks,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio: