[Trilug-announce] Meeting reminder: this Thurs 9th April: Lightning Talks

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Mon Apr 6 00:10:07 EDT 2009

In case you missed Alan's post on the discussion list, here's the announcement:

After Monday's game, we'll all be wandering around in a post-Madness
stupor, wondering what to do for the next 11 months.  Most folks on
Franklin street will have sobered up by Thursday.  So why not come on
out to the April TriLUG meeting??!!

We've been trying to make use of different formats in our meetings.
While most are still "one person presents", we have also had some
pretty good luck with discussion/activity meetings (like the "CAcert"
one) and panel discussions (like the "Women in Technology" one).

So this time, we'll be having LIGHTNING TALKS.  This is your chance to
stand up in front of the crowd and make a complete fool of yourself...
I mean, this is your chance to shine in front of your peers.

 Lightning Talks: Saving Time and Money
 Some tools you may have missed or forgotten.

We'd like to have about 10 attendees make short (5 minute, including
Q&A) talks about some sort of tool that others might be able to use.

Be thinking about what you'd like to discuss.  There is already some
preliminary planning going on at #trilug (our IRC channel on
freenode).  And we welcome ideas on the mailing list as well.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
"The fun thing is to try to persuade others to share your opinions