[Trilug-announce] December 10 meeting - Pot Luck social + the Beagle Board

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Tue Dec 8 15:26:41 EST 2009

December 10 meeting - Pot Luck social + the Beagle Board

Location: Red Hat HQ, NCSU Centennial Campus
Speaker: Brian Phelps
Time: Thursday December 10, 7pm
Food: NO PIZZA THIS TIME - bring a dish to share

-

For the last few years in December, TriLUG has hosted a "social", a time to
gather and eat and chat and play games, without the distractions of a
planned presentation.

We're going to try something new this year, the hybrid talk / social meeting.

Brian Phelps has been working with a pretty neat ARM-based embedded board
called the "Beagle Board". It's a very capable little machine, with very
modest needs. It has some smokin' hot graphics and lots of pins for hooking
stuff up to it. And it can be powered by a USB plug.

Before, during, and after Brian's presentation/demo, we will be sharing food
with our peers. Bring a dish, either something home-made or something
store-bought, and share it with the group.

Food sign-up/ideas sheet on the wiki:
http://trilug.org/wiki/Meeting:2009_Dec_10