[Trilug-announce] 11 Feb: SQLite ... A Brief History

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Sun Feb 7 00:42:25 EST 2010

Fellow TriLUGgers,

We're into February already!  (I know, I know.)  Well, we'll try not to
break your hearts this month as we don't talk about your favorite
database.  Instead, we bring you the /most widely deployed database in
the world/.  Richard Hipp will engage us with a discussion SQLite, a
database with an entirely different approach and end-use sector.

SQLite is a mature, transactional database, whose claim to fame is
embedding.  It's 100% self-contained, serverless, and boasts the largest
deployment of any database out there.

Richard will take us on a whirlwind tour of SQLite's history, the
general database scene today, and predictions for the future.  Read the
pertinent details on our wiki:

http://trilug.org/wiki/Meetings_Schedule
  -> "SQLite - A Brief History"

As per usual: this Thursday, 7pm, Red Hat HQ.

Hope to see you there!

Kevin