[TriLUG-announce] 5/10 meeting - lightning talks

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Wed Jun 2 17:10:56 EDT 2010

It's been a while since we have done "Lightning Talks", and we
wanted the group to be able to share some smaller topics with
each other, unconference-style.

If you attended Bar Camp, Ignite Raleigh, Fizzled Durham, or
Pecha Kucha, you are already familiar with the idea of letting
the audience become the speakers, and in having lots of short
presentations instead of one longer one.

This month, YOU are the speaker.

Pick a topic, announce it on the wiki, and practice it so you
can say what you want to in just 5-10 minutes.  If you don't
have an idea, there are some unclaimed topics on the wiki.

http://trilug.org/wiki/Meeting:2010_June_10

We will be voting for the best presentations, with prizes for
the most popular.

I am planning to show a $200 backup solution for the home,
BackupPC running on a SheevaPlug and external USB hard drive.
It's pretty cool.

See you there!

Alan

.