[TriLUG-announce] Reminder: June 13th meeting: Open Learning - NEW VENUE

Barry Peddycord III bwpeddyc at ncsu.edu
Tue Jun 11 09:20:55 EDT 2013

Reminder about this week's meeting - remember, we're in a new venue, so
pay close attention! Also, if you were supposed to get a t-shirt at
Barcamp, we'll have those at the meeting for you to pick them up.

-----------------------------

June 13 meeting: Open Learning in the Classroom and Online
http://trilug.org/2013-06-13/open-learning

Topic: Open Learning in the Classroom and Online
Presenter: Cathy Davidson
When: Thursday, 13th June 2013, 7pm

Where: NC State Engineering Building II, Centennial Campus (just across
the street from Red Hat)
The parking decks are free after 5pm, and there is also street parking
on Oval Drive.

RSVP: http://trilug-june2013.eventbrite.com (You don't need a ticket to
get in, but RSVP-ing will give us an idea of how much food to get)

We are extremely fortunate to have Cathy Davidson speaking June 13th at
TriLUG! Make sure you do not miss this rare opportunity! Cathy Davidson
is an extraordinary individual and a brilliant minded speaker, who is a
highly influential player in the world of open education in the
universities. She'll include in her talk, discussion of her two current
peer-taught, peer-evaluated classes and her upcoming work to prepare for
a Coursera MOOC entitled "The History and Future of Higher Education".

Please note that this meeting will be held at a new venue, so there will
be some shifts in the usual schedule. NCSU does not permit food in its
classrooms, so we are going to begin the meeting with a
reception/networking over our usual pizza in the atrium of Engineering
Building 2. At about 7:30 we'll move to 1021 to begin businesss,
community announcements, and the presentation.