[TriLUG-announce] Our new home!

Brian Gerard bgerard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 22:30:28 EDT 2017

Hi everyone-

Great news - we have a new home!

We will be very close to a previous home of ours, back on the NCSU campus.
This comes courtesy of Dr. Warren Jasper, of the NCSU College of Textiles, and
multiple-time TriLUG speaker.

Before I dive into details, I would first like to thank the following people,
who reached out on and/or off the list, offering their help, or providing, and
sometimes even chasing down, leads for us:
	* Karl Flores
	* Dewey Hylton
	* Jonathan Mainguy
	* Michael Marley
	* Rodney Radford
	* Scott Sexton
	* Mauricio Tavares
	* Quentin Young
Thank you all VERY much for your efforts, information, and contacts!  If you run
into any of these fine folks, be sure to extend your thanks as well.

And of course, a HUGE thank you to Dr. Jasper, as well!  He has reserved a
lecture hall for us through the end of the year, and assuming the setup works
for us, beyond that into next year.  This is a tremendous boon for us as a
group; it has not necessarily been common for us to have a moderately stable
long term location.

And now, on to the details!

Our new location is on the NCSU Centennial Campus (so TriChug is back at Bada -
Woot!).  We will be meeting at the College of Textiles, at 1020 Main Campus
Drive, room 2207.  There is an underground parking deck immediately adjacent
to the building, which is free and open to the public after 17:00 daily.

Both the building and the entrance to the parking deck are marked on this map:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1UrgaJS-tvi3X26JL_sed9V9cgoA

The same venue rules are in place that we had when we met at the Engineering
buildings.  So we will once again have our pizza and drinks ahead of the meeting
in the atrium (6:45 or so), and then move into the lecture hall at 7:00.  And as
before, no food or drinks are allowed in the lecture hall itself.

After the meeting, we will head to Bada Wings for the usual TriChug festivities.
Driving directions there from the meeting are marked on this map:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1npsEckKBgcVNqyY1s-pYc60018U

Please feel free to reach out with comments, questions, etc.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Brian Gerard
Chair, TriLUG