[Trilug-ontopic] mailing list server filtering setup questions

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 20:21:52 EST 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 5:03 PM, Michael Rulison <13miketele at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Fools rush in .... I am perhaps overly ignorant and naive, but I believe
> our ISP has developed a system whereby 'spam' (not sure how he defines
> it) is returned to it source for it to be resent. But since spammers
> don't have time for that sort of nonsense, it never comes back and the
> original has been sent to the bit-bucket.

By "returned" you probably actually mean "rejected during the SMTP
transaction." I think you're referring to greylisting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting

I'm going to be using sqlgrey, so I think I have that part covered. :)

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio: