[Trilug-ontopic] auto-detach for screen?

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 22:10:44 EST 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 9:41 PM, Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp at pobox.com> wrote:
> You can simply "always" use 'screen -DR' and it will remote power detach
> if necessary, and reattach.  That's what I do, so it doesn't matter if I
> forgot to detach or not - I don't even need to check.

Yes, and I now make a habit of that, but what if I walk away from a
machine and don't get back to a command prompt for another three days?
A rarity, to be sure, but... but... ‽

As someone on IRC said to me: "oh.... then just use the wetware solution :)"

I'm holding out for a software solution. :)

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio: