[Trilug-ontopic] auto-detach for screen?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Nov 19 23:53:40 EST 2007

Alan Porter wrote:
>> I don't understand the problem.  Why wouldn't "screen -DR" work after
>> three days?
>
> Jeremy, I don't think the problem is with reattaching to the dormant
> screen session.  It's the fact that Cristobal is logged in somewhere
> and he'd like it to auto-logout so no one else can hijack his session.

Okay, I guess that makes sense, but as Matt replied, I don't see how
this would ever happen in practice, given the ease of locking things
when stepping away.  But I guess Cristóbal works in a university where
he might be using a shared terminal of sorts?  Don't these terminals run
"xlock" or similar?  Personally I never have a reason to use any
computer but my own.

--Jeremy