[Trilug-ontopic] Using a linux DNS server with Active Directory

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 20:41:34 EDT 2007

After attempting to get LDAP working for 4 years at my organization, I
figured I would spend an hour setting up Active Directory.  Anyway, my AD
works fine but it complains about my Linux DNS server, if I install DNS on
my AD server all is well, the problem is that my host have to have the AD
server as a DNS server in order to logon to the AD.  I really and will not
do away with my Linux DNS servers just to get AD to work efficiently, but
I must have AD as well.  I am assuming that if I follow this link it
should work but it is a Microsoft page.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/interopmigration/linux/mvc/cfgbind.mspx?mfr=true

So if anyone has experience with this please let me know.
Also, if anyone has OpenLDAP authentication against AD I would like to
know how that was done as well.

Regards,
Chris