[Trilug-ontopic] Please help me install Vector Linux 5.8 Standard Gold on my Dell Inspiron 2600

electrical electrical at triad.rr.com
Mon Apr 14 20:54:37 EDT 2008

Greetings:

My name is Jim Branley and I am addicted to Windows.

I am trying to install Vector Linux 5.9 Ste. Gold on my Dell Inspiron
Laptop.
It has an 18 Gigabite HD, a 1066 Mhz Intel Celeron Processor, 128MB of
Ram and a CD player. Here's the playback - I get to my first window the
one with the picture of the penguin, select the kernel, hit enter and
then the monitor displays my hardware and then that's it....   Nothing
happens after this. None of the keys respond. The only thing that I can
do is reboot and try another kernel. I've tried all 4 - of the kernels
with the same results on all.

Do you have a suggestion or two? If not could you recommend another OS
distro for my Dell?

Thank you,
Jim