[Trilug-ontopic] need to program a series of LED lights

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 11:14:57 EST 2008

Using an embedded Linux box I'd like program a string of tri-state LED
lights.  I'd like to synchronize the lights to music (this is for a
miniature town a friend is building for God only knows why).

I have *NO IDEA* how to go forward with this and I further have no idea how
the embedded computer would interface with the lights to turn them

Has anybody done anything like this?  What did you do and how did you do
it?  Did you look the LEDs up to a serial port and set pin voltages?  What
language did you use?  C?  Java?

Any pointers would be greatly appreaciated.