[Trilug-ontopic] mailing list server filtering setup questions

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 16:05:18 EST 2008

Greetings LUGers. I wanted to send a follow-up to my original email
for archival purposes.

We ended up putting SpamAssassin on the existing mailing list server
and tweaking the configuration so that it would not seriously impact
performance. SA does nothing but tag messages, and there's one global
config. Seems to be working gracefully with the vast majority of our
mailman lists.

We went with this solution because it offered the best bang for the
buck and was a change that could be made live (and most importantly,
rolled back from) with relatively little risk and no downtime.

Cheers,
CMP

--
Cristóbal M. Palmer