[Trilug-ontopic] CentOS/Fedora/RHEL? was: RHEL5 help..

Jason Watts jsnonzzr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 12:59:07 EDT 2008

my misguided knowledge says CentOS vs RHEL  same thing... one is free the
other isn't  With redhat's you get the support and possibly some proprietary
code that isn't quite available in CentOS.  these two are meant to be stable
and more sever oriented.  RHEL vs Fedora... Fedora is less stable then
RHEL.  Fedora is meant to be the free version of their OS... more for
desktop use.  might be wrong here, but you tend to find code that hasn't
been as tested as their RHEL edition.

jsn