[Trilug-ontopic] Postfix vs Sendmail

David Brain dbrain at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 20:40:52 EDT 2009

Hi,

It would depend somewhat on what the implementation is for (e.g.
personal server, enterprise mail server etc.) but I've gone with
Postfix for almost every mail server I've installed revcently.  In
fact the last time I actually installed/maintained sendmail was
probably >5 years ago now, and that was for a personal box.

Postfix is well documented, reasonably easy to configure/maintain and
has a good security track record.  The last install I did was for a
fairly complex MailMan installation.  I'd be interested to hear of any
reasons for going with Sendmail - the only thing I've not done with
Postfix is very high volume sites.

David