[Trilug-ontopic] Assistance with LAMP installation on CentOS 5

Russ Jones russ at virante.com
Mon Apr 26 17:03:04 EDT 2010

Hey folks,

I am looking for someone to assist me in getting a server set up ASAP. In
particular, I need MySQL 5.1+, PHP 5.2+, Apache 2 and memcached installed
and working. Most importantly, I need MySQL 5.1+ because of table
partitioning. Unfortunately, I am running into particular problems with
mysql, although as far as I can tell the other 3 are working just fine.
Regardless, given the time frame (i need to get this done preferably in the
next 24 hours). I am fully prepared to pay a consultant to help if it comes
to that, as time is of the essence and my failures over the last several
hours are making me less confident that I am capable of solving the
problem.

First, let me explain where exactly I am in the process... I have installed
the iuscommunity repos and used them to successfully install Apache, PHP 5.2
and memcached + pecl memcached  (http://209.119.116.116/index.php)

The only catch now is mysql 5.1+, which will not behave. When attempting to
start mysql for the first time using "/etc/init.d/mysqld start", the startup
times out and I receive the following logs in the error log...

/usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't find file: './mysql/plugin.frm' (errno: 13)
100426 16:53:13 [ERROR] Can't open the mysql.plugin table. Please run
mysql_upgrade to create it.
100426 16:53:14 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 44233
100426 16:53:14 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't find file:
'./mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)
100426 16:53:14 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables:
Can't find file: './mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)
100426 16:53:14 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
ended