[Trilug-ontopic] sysadmin questions

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Sat Jun 12 16:59:12 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Brian McCullough <bdmc at bdmcc-us.com> wrote:
> See if you have the command "vigr" in your system. ( I am presuming that you are familiar with "vi." )

I suggest using groupadd(8) instead.

BTW your system, if it is a RHEL/CentOS system, will already have a
'wheel' group, and you should add any people who need root access to
this group, and then you should use the 'visudo' command:

  sudo /usr/sbin/visudo

And then you can make sure you have lines like this:

## Allows people in group wheel to run all commands
%wheel  ALL=(ALL)       ALL

So that anybody in the wheel group will have use of sudo.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
ibiblio.org systems