[Trilug-ontopic] wrestling with Apache basic config

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Wed Jun 30 19:31:52 EDT 2010

When installed correctly Apache usually "Just works" out of the box.
Look in the config file for commented out directives that may be causing
your problem

Apache is going to look for the file in the "DocumentRoot <directory>"
Directive.
Also make sure you have enabled the file extension (MIME type) in the
"AddType <extension>" Directive

These caught me the first time I started up Apache right "out of the box".

73,

Neil Little, WA4AZL