[Trilug-ontopic] driving windows from linux, off the network

Douglas Whitfield douglasawh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 01:56:40 EDT 2011

I really shouldn't be awake so you should probably ignore what I am about to
say, but what about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_over_USB

I don't know what you'd need to do on Windows, but in theory one box could
be a router and you could set up an internal network.  I'm not a network
admin so maybe you're simply asking how to implement what I'm suggesting.

Essentially, think about tethering a phone via USB.  Just imagine your phone
runs Windows and is the size of a laptop/desktop.

Again, no idea how to implement it as my experience is simply with phones,
but it seems like something imminently googleable.