[Trilug-ontopic] clear.com for linux?

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Fri Jan 20 16:19:44 EST 2012

Anyone in this area ("the Triangle," esp Carrboro/CHill) have
experience using clear.com with linux? or care to recommend
another alternative to TWC for home use? Why I ask:

My GF gets internet-only from TWC/roadrunner (no TV or other services)
and is looking for a cheaper service. Her usage is roughly

* 1/2 streaming audio (e.g., last.fm, music.npr.org)
* 1/4 streaming video (e.g., youtube, PBS)
* 1/4 citrixing into work

on a Mint desktop. My guess is that streaming (esp video) would be
more painful on Clear; I dunno about citrix or linux compatibility.
Does anyone have empirical results? or can recommend other/cheaper
alternatives to TWC in this area? E.g., can one just flip back and
forth between earthlink and TWC to stay on the introductory rate?
(I'm guessing they'd whack that, but ICBW.)

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>