[TriLUG] talk tonite

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Thu Aug 9 11:19:15 EDT 2001

Ryan Wheaton [ryanw at haht.com] wrote:
> howdy again.
>     i was wondering what was going to be covered in the meeting tonite (god
> forbid i get lectured about ssh again :-)  )

ALWAYS USE SSH!!!!!!

> is it just going to be a basic overview of firewalls, "don't use INET
> services", check with nmap (or satan) kind of talk, or is it going to be
> more in depth?  (like advanced tripwire and ipsec stuff..?)

The presenters can answer this better than I, but my understanding
is that this is more of an intro.

We're planning on having more in depth security presentations
later, but everyone needs a good foundation from which to start.

Mike
--
Never trust a man who puts anything other than a finger up his nose. - _Snatch_