[TriLUG] talk tonite

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 9 11:37:43 EDT 2001

From: "Ryan Wheaton" <ryanw at haht.com>
To: <trilug at trilug.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 11:07 AM
Subject: [TriLUG] talk tonite

> howdy again.
>     i was wondering what was going to be covered in the meeting tonite
(god
> forbid i get lectured about ssh again :-)  )
>
> is it just going to be a basic overview of firewalls, "don't use INET
> services", check with nmap (or satan) kind of talk, or is it going to be
> more in depth?  (like advanced tripwire and ipsec stuff..?)

I think they are going to briefly touch on some of the advanced issues, but
due to time constraints, they can't go in-depth.  The main concentration is
keeping a newly installed box safe for internet use.  Still, if you have
questions, you should be able to get them answered at the meeting tonight...
and if you're looking for discussions on more advanced topics there is
always that talk after the talk, that sometimes ends up in the parking lot
till after midnight.

Hope to see you there - Jon