[TriLUG] Since we're discussing hardware...any thoughts on a "Linux-friendly" new video card??

al johnson alfjon at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 10 16:30:31 EDT 2001

It has come to my attention that I may have to replace my ATI Rage video
card which contains a DVD interface. Can anyone suggest a NEW video card
which may be suitable for someone using Linux. I also want a DVD interface
on the new one as well. I'm told that there are now just a few video cards
which are available from only two companies ATI being one and I can' recall
the name of the other. Suggestions anyone??