[TriLUG] Since we're discussing hardware...any thoughts on a"Linux-friendly" new video card??

Daniel T. Chen crimsun at email.unc.edu
Mon Aug 13 12:41:53 EDT 2001

On 13 Aug 2001, John Matthews wrote:

> I'm not sure about the "Apollo Pro" chipset (haven't kept up with those
> kinds of names) but my KT133-based board works great with my Radeon 64Mb
> DDR. Was playing Q3A last night, and it ran great. Although it's a bit
> sticky with some boards, so I've read, the drivers and XFree86 I'm using
> are just fine.

Some boards appear to work just fine, while others wreck havoc. Sometimes
it seems /dev/urandom. I've heard of KT133A chipsets working and not
working, etc. It seems you just have to try it on your own board after
reading through the dri and dri-devel mailing lists on
dri.sourceforge.net, ymmv.

The "Apollo Pro KT133" chipset is listed with `cat /proc/nv/card0 |grep
Bridge' (an Asus A7V).

---
Dan Chen                 crimsun at email.unc.edu
GPG key: www.cs.unc.edu/~chenda/pubkey.gpg.asc