[TriLUG] [OT] Weird hardware power problem

Bill Vinson billvinson at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 14 20:10:06 EDT 2001

Weird hardware problem I am having.  I have an old machine (K6-233) that
I just changed out from 48MB in 4 SIMMs to 128MB SDRAM PC133 (Machine
was not designed for PC133, but isn't backward compatible hw grand)

However, now everything works....detects the ram, but during boot the
system just powers off.  It is as if the power is just cut out from
under it.  Never seen this with this machine before but it has been
awhile since I have used it.  Any ideas on what to check?  Looked at
power connectors internal and external, but I am just stumped.  No
beeps, no errors, just stops and powers off.

Thanks,
Bill