[TriLUG] tape drive recommendation?

Mike Broome mbroome at employees.org
Wed Aug 15 10:00:06 EDT 2001

After Yet Another Hard Drive Crash (YAHDC(tm)) on the home linux server,
I'm finally convinced that I need a backup solution.  I'm thinking a
tape drive is probably the way to go since I'm looking at backing up
anywhere from 10-40GB currently.  I have a SCSI card in the linux box if
that's required.

So what are the current tape/tape drive standards?  There seem to be a
few to choose from ... are any of them better or easier to work with
(especially in Linux) than others?  Any recommendation for a specific
tape drive?  Cheap is always a plus, but reliable, fast and easy-to-use
are more important to me this time.

Thanks,
Mike

--