[TriLUG] openoffice and java

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Wed Aug 15 13:57:18 EDT 2001

rpjday at mindspring.com [rpjday at mindspring.com] wrote:
> to insist that there is no JRE on the machine that it can see, even
> when i use the browse dialog and rub its nose in the /usr/java
> directory.

I ran into this too; I think what's happening is OpenOffice is looking in
specific places for specific versions of the JRE, instead of writing code
to search for it, so it just completely misses new revisions.  An older
version of StarOffice let you pick the directory, apparently OpenOffice
doesn't anymore?  :P

Best bet is to grab the 1.3.1 (or maybe even 1.3.0) JDK and give that a shot,
I guess...

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/