[TriLUG] tape drive recommendation?

RobbyD at bops.com RobbyD at bops.com
Thu Aug 16 09:23:58 EDT 2001

This is something I haven't looked into much. Basically the machine it's in
will be a server soon, but isn't now. So the tapedrive isn't being used now.
I have used plain old dump in the past, and that seems to work very well for
me. For lan backups I'd probably use amanda
(http://amanda.sourceforge.net/). As far as autochangers go, I was able to
find the homepage for one, called MTX (http://mtx.sourceforge.net/). Another
is "stctl" I believe.

If you or anyone else knows of another good tape backup daemon, feel free to
chime in.

Robby