[TriLUG] local dsl

Don Brady dbrady at comintel.com
Thu Aug 16 21:32:32 EDT 2001

By the way, following the loss of my Rhythms/Utenzi DSL when they folded
it unexpectedly early this month, I  ordered Directtv/Telocity DSL and
got it installed today.   Well under 2 weeks, although they had
projected longer.

So far I am very pleased with the speed and even the latency (although I
do see a little bouncing around between DFW and Atlanta. in the
traceroutes).   I have not yet got it over to Linux from Windows but
will, after I decide on whether to include Linksys etc.

However, I am a very easy case, as I am under 5000 feet from the Cary
Central CO on simple copper.

People way out and on DLC's etc may not be so easy.