[TriLUG] remote mounting of home directories

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Fri Aug 17 13:32:59 EDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 09:46:06AM -0700, Jeremy Katz spoke thusly:
> Need is a bit strong.  And creating your own AFS cell just for
> synchronizing between a laptop and a desktop is a bit insane IMO.  The

but we all know the state of my sanity when it comes to these things *grin*

> setup is non-trivial and then you still have problems with disconnected
> operation (and if you're not going to be disconnected at times with a
> laptop, then you really don't need or want a laptop :)

Hmm. Good point. I've considered setting up AFS in my house just to
learn how to do it (and to clear up those pesky dependacies on M$
standards on my server), but haven't had time or energy to do so
yet.

Just because I can *grin*