[TriLUG] Filesystem recover (or: I....am a big dummy)

Robby Dermody robbyd at robbyd.org
Sat Aug 18 11:01:07 EDT 2001

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/Year-1997/1997-49/0569.html

Doesn't look good, at least from this post. :(

You might try to give looking at the raw data on the drive a try:
http://www.praeclarus.demon.co.uk/tech/e2-undel/html/howto.html

With FAT unformatting/undeleting is rather simple, from what I understand of
ext2 and other similar filesystems, it's not.

Robby