[TriLUG] [errol at boo-bear.com: Redhat 7.1 on 486/16MB RAM?]

Randy Dees randy at deesfamily.com
Mon Aug 20 02:51:53 EDT 2001

Red Hat 7.1 - nope, it cannot.  Refuses to install.

Debian 2.1 will.  Red Hat 6.2 should.  (Va Linux 6.2.4 is on the mirrors site,
ought to do nicely.)

I'll be installing Va 6.2.4 onto my 486/16mb/1gb system shortly, and will be
able to confirm it.  Just waiting for a good download.

Speaking of downloads - any way we could put up md5sums for the isos on
the mirror site?  Download, burn, test coaster is a lousy way to determine that
I had a bad download!

Anyhoo - hope this helps, Errol.

Later.

Randy Dees

And behold, Errol Casey spake these words on Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 10:46:16PM -0400: