[TriLUG] Mandrake 8.1 out in Beta

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Tue Aug 21 20:40:17 EDT 2001

A Dimarts 21 Agost 2001 12:37 am, vàreu escriure:
> One word: solid.

I like how it sounds  :)

> I'm a Debian user, but for ResNet "rush" I needed a laptop capable of
> running the Remedy problem tracking client, so just this once I bypassed
> Deb and chose the Mandrake 8.1 beta, Raklet. The setup is slick and works
> quite well, offering you partioning choices between jfs, ext3, and
> reiserfs journaling filesystems

über-cooooooooooooooool

> (I chose reiserfs for the thinkpad 600x).

Any reason behind it? I would like to know pros and cons (no religious
instances) on those journaling filesystems.

> I'd still like to get Debian running on the thinkpad 600x, but for now,
> Mandrake 8.1 beta will do right nicely. Thanks again to the folks @iBiblio
> for hosting a kickass mirror. =)

We are sooooooo lucky to have ibiblio a few jops away! And, yes, ibiblio
Rulez (thank you David M!)

Salut,
Sinner
--